NOTE FROM PRESIDENT
Dear Members of GnosisGIS,
As we discussed in Brisbane, we have been invited to organize a GnosisGIS session at the 2017- edition of the Impact of Environmental Change on Infectious Diseases conference at the International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) in the beautiful and cultural city of Trieste, Italy, 17-19 May 2017.
Our GnosisGIS session should focus on the spatio-temporal aspects and dynamics of infectious diseases spread and risk predictions in the frame of environmental changes as well as the interrelated population dynamics.
Please visit the website (http://www.iecid.com/).
It will be great if many of you attend the meeting and present your contribution.
All my best
The objectives of GnosisGIS are to:
- Facilitate collaboration of health scientists dedicated to development of GIS-based infectious disease forecast systems
- Publish the official journal Geospatial Health for peer-reviewed articles on health applications in the geospatial sciences for disease risk mapping and ecological niche modeling
- Offer training courses on health applications of geospatial tools through an 'International School of Geospatial Health'
- Sponsor an 'International Symposia on Geospatial Health' series at annual meetings
- Publish maps, data and metadata on the web on GIS health applications
The aim of GnosisGIS is to maintain a network of collaborating health workers and earth scientists dedicated to development of global computer-based models that can be used for improved control programs for schistosomiasis and other snail-borne diseases of medical and veterinary importance. The scope of the organization has since been expanded to include other infectious diseases of medical and veterinary importance.